Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And the birthdays are coming to an end...

In our home we do all our birthdays in the first part of the year. We start in January with Finny, then Punky comes in February. My Man gets March, then we take a little break in April (just in time for Easter) before Girly Pie gets her day in May. I get June, and then - last but certainly not least - little Mr. Goose gets the last birthday of the year in July. And then we get to take a little breather in between all the gifts and fun and specialness while we wind up for the holiday season. And then of course two weeks after Christmas we start all over again with Finny.

So tomorrow is my sweet baby boy's big day. Goose will be "free ears owd" tomorrow. But if you ask him, he'll most likely tell you he'll be "free ears owd on my birfday cake."

Goose is over the top ecstatic over the prospect of his big cake. I like to do big, special cakes for the kids every year, and Goose has requested a bulldozer cake (actually he wants a "bull-duh-zoder" cake) for his third birthday. I made just such a cake for Punky's third birthday actually, so I find it pretty sweet and endearing that Goose wants the same thing his biggest bro did way back when. ;o)

I'm already in the baking and building process. I'll post pics of the final product when it's all done.

But needless to say, we're very, VERY excited around here for our little man. And he's very, VERY excited for his bull-duh-zoder cake. Oh, and to turn free ears owd, too. Of course.

No comments: