Friday, December 4, 2009

My day

Today I have:

  • showered
  • made 5 beds (usually my boys make their own but it was an act of love on my part this morning)
  • served breakfast to my family
  • done several therapy activity sessions with Finny
  • spent no less than 40 minutes in the bathroom with Girly Pie
  • spent about 20 minutes in the bathroom (again!) reading stories to Goose for some, uh, quality (stinky) time
  • washed two loads of laundry
  • changed no fewer than 6 pairs of wet undies and pants
  • overseen Punky's first efforts at typing a letter on the computer, to a missionary for his Awana work (how cute is it when you see the word "question" spelled "kwesthin" - even if it does mean a life of spelling trouble ahead for my boy!?)
  • cut up and served 3 apples and a pear
  • prepared and served lunch to the crew
  • read a daily devotional with the boys
  • done a quick pop-quiz style math drill at the lunch table with the boys, who were both very impressive in their skills
  • presented my precious Finny with his very own real Bible
  • read to Finny from said real Bible
  • played TONS with Girly Pie
  • cleaned two raw eggs up off of the kitchen floor (such a gross job!)
  • tucked one little girl in for nap
  • settled three sweet boys down for rest
  • done Jesse Tree ornaments and readings with my three boys
  • eaten food myself three times already today (if you know me IRL you know that's an accomplishment for me!)
  • looked through old photos of myself and my Hubby with the kids
  • done math with Finny
  • been blindfolded by Finny and led by his sweet hand in mine (Punky later took my other hand to assure that his mother would make the trip unscathed) up the stairs to my room, where I found the gift of a stuffed animal and a picture drawn, just for me
  • disciplined three little boys for their complete lack of obedience
  • laughed inside at the sweet sight of all three of my sons squeezed in, sitting cheek to cheek on the bottom step for a triple time-out, looking up at me with their best "I'm in for it now" faces - all so different, yet all so similar
  • watched as all three boys did a complete 180 and became the best listening, most obedient children ever
  • praised the Lord for His immense blessings
  • begged the Lord for just a little more patience and some guidance
  • thanked the Lord for my husband and the recent renewal of our relationship
  • cleaned up way too many toys

Still in the plans for the day:

  • get dough going for Pizza Night
  • decorate our Christmas tree with the kids
  • make Fruit Loop garland for said tree
  • make homemade pizzas for dinner
  • eat said pizza with my family as we enjoy our weekly Friday Night Pizza and Movie night together
  • go for an after dinner walk in the brisk cold of the dark evening air with my Man and our children so we can all enjoy the sites of the Christmas lights brightening up our neighborhood
  • tuck a few kids into their warm beds for a night of sweet sleep
  • enjoy my husband as we sit back after the long, full, blessed day and just bask in the glow of the life we are so blessed to lead.

2 comments:

EllaJac said...

You are the most amazing incredible woman, indeed.

Melody said...

I think I should do this one day. Right now I feel like I am going 100 miles per hour and doing next to nothing! Maybe if I write down what I do for one day, I will actually feel like I've accomplished something : )