Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Five Months



I can hardly believe it - but it's true. My sweet Little Bug turned 5 months old this morning at about 5:24am. Wow. Can it possibly have been that long since I first laid eyes on my sweet little man? It feels like just yesterday and yet at the same time it feels like he's been in our family forever.
Bug is now grabbing toys and maneuvering them around in his mouth like a champ (so good now that he's teething in earnest!) He's the charmed prince of the family and each and every one of his siblings adores him to pieces. The poor child never has a moment to himself because someone is always in his face smiling at him, cooing at him, talking to him or bringing him toys or a pacifier. I doubt Bug will ever need to learn how to walk or crawl as everything he could ever want will be gladly brought to him wherever he is. ;o) He's (generally) a great sleeper, a spitter, a drooler, a super full bodied smiler, a hair grabber and a chin biter. He smiles at everyone and we all love watching him light up when we talk to him. He can roll from tummy to back, but rather than roll back to his tummy he just happily turns himself in circles on his back instead. He can inch forward but still has a ways to go before I'd call him mobile.
All in all, Bug is the perfect five month old little man. We really feel so blessed to call him our own.
So here are a few pictures of my little bug to commemorate these beautiful five months of his life. If I had more time and didn't mind crying a little today I'd go back and collect pics from the past five months - but I don't have time and I'd rather not be a puddle of tears. So instead I'm just posting a few recent pics of him in all his cute, chubby, curly headed glory.
Sleepy eyed boy
More getting on his face than in his mouth...
Still working on the mechanics of eating solids - but he's sure happy to try!
Little Bug sporting his FuzziBunz diapers.


We love you Little Bug!

2 comments:

mary grace said...

What a cute, smiley little man!

And can I just say how it has tickled me to bits to see a couple of Mani's outfits crop up in Little Bug's wardrobe? Ahhh, the memories! :-)

Melody said...

He is so stinkn' adorable!! Love his curls!