Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beautiful

I'm typing one handed and don't have any pictures in the computer yet to post and share - so this will be short.

But I wanted to quickly announce the arrival of our sweet new Blessing.

On Wednesday March 16, 2011 (9 days before I was due to deliver) at 5:52pm we welcomed our newest daughter to our family.

She weighs 7 pounds and measures 20 inches long.

She has a full head of gorgeous black hair and the prettiest features of any baby ever (though I'm sure I've made that statement at least five times before...) . Her eyes seem to be getting darker rather than lighter, so I think we'll have a brown eyed girl here, too. The last brown eyed baby I've held in my arms was my first born son - so we're all enjoying this novel "new" look - especially since her big sister is about as fair as they come.

She's beautiful. She's perfect. We are all completely in love with her. My husband is doing an amzing job of caring for us all as I rest these first days so that when I am back up and running I'll be better prepared to do all that God calls me to do for this beautiful family I am so blessed to be able to mother. The children are all pitching in a ton of help. God is so amazing and I cannot believe just how richly He has blessed us.

A loving, supportive, amazing husband. Four wonderful sons. Two beautiful daughters. The means to stay home to care for them all and even homeschool them. Words cannot describe how I feel to be so blessed. The only word that comes to mind these days is Beautiful.

I'll post pictures eventually - when I can take my eyes off of my baby girl long enough to get some on the computer. ;o)

Well off I go. Time to honor the request of my sweet Girly Pie as she went up to bed last night, "Remember to take good care of my new baby sister, Mommy!" So take good care of her I will. ;o)

2 comments:

Melody said...

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your time getting to know this sweet new baby!

Mom Of E's said...

Congratulations, Benny! A sweet little girl for everyone to love on! How perfect!