Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Health Update


Just for those of you wondering and/or praying, we did go into the pediatrician today and she checked Girly Pie's ear out. Much to my surprise and delight, Girly Pie is ear infection-FREE!!!


WOO-HOO!!!


Apparently she has enough wax in there to possibly cause her some discomfort, but no pain. Also, the tail end of her cold, along with some teething troubles are probably what are making for some restless nights and fussy days. But I can take teething and colds any day over ear infections and hearing-inhibiting ear fluid. Every sickness that one of my babies makes it through without an ear infection is a blessing in my family. So bring on the fussy days and sleep deprived nights. I've got a healthy set of ears so I am a happy Momma!


And, as my good friend Mary Grace reminded me today, there may just be a little bit of maturing happening in my soon-to-be-seven-month-old. So where she used to be quite content to just be in my arms or in the wrap while going about our daily rounds with the big brothers, she may be getting to that point where my presence alone is just not good enough. She is not happy unless she has my full attention to boot. Not that I wouldn't be thrilled to offer her my full attention all the time... it's just going to take a little work and some tinkering with routines and schedules to take my attention away from the other bazillion things going on in a day.


So time to make Mommy-daughter time a priority, which I admit I am very excited about. This is clearly one bright, social, engaging, interactive, playful, sweet, alert and active little girl. It is just delightful to watch this girl grow!

3 comments:

Mom Of E's said...

Benny -

I'm so glad Girly Pie doesn't have an ear infection. It sounds like you have plenty of experience dealing with ear infections. Seven months old is such a lovely age!

Schedules are wonderful, and before I had my own kids I wondered why everyone didn't have a daily routine. Now that I'm a mom, I love the idea of setting up a schedule (especially with trying to fit all of school in every morning) but it always seems like I just get my schedule perfected when one of the kids starts going through a different stage and I have to figure it out all over again. I would be really interested in reading if you have special activities to keep Goose and Girly Pie busy while you do school.

Anne

Heather@To Sow a Seed said...

Think of it--six months and still infection free! See ... you can escape genetics!

Not so rude now, am I? :-)

Meghann said...

So glad to hear this! I love the picture of the ear...did you take that?