Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fun... and tasty, too!

I just saw the pictures from our last time doing this little project, and thought it might be a nice thing for anyone to do some rainy or snowy day as true spring approaches, but hasn't quite landed yet...

Here's how you do it: hand the kids a bag or two of marshmallows and a box of toothpicks... and let them go at it.

I usually get a bag each of small and large marshmallows. And I always tell my boys that they can eat a few of them right away. Then I just make sure they know that the main goal is to make things, and not to eat them. They of course do eat a good number of them, but the real fun is in watching them build with the materials.


We've made robots, cars, people... and lots of many legged marshmallow spiders. It's just good, tasty, sticky fun.


Girly Pie isn't sure what she thinks of all this sticky nonsense...


... But Finny sure likes it!

No comments: