Thursday, April 16, 2009

One of my favorite things...

...about spring is when one of my beautiful little boys comes running up to me with a smile lighting up his whole face as he hands me a dandelion (or a handful of them, depending on which boy). "Here Mommy. This is for you!"

It's hard to think of anything else that can make me feel as loved as those proud gifts from such loving sons.

Even little 2 1/2 year old Goose today said: "Mommy, I got a pwize (surprise) for you. Wook. I got a fwowuh (flower) for you." I guess he's learned how to be so sweet from his brothers. And they all learned it from their sweet, sweet Daddy (who brings me random flowers on random days, just because he loves me).

But I believe there is no prettier flower than that bright, happy yellow weed when it is given with such love and devotion.

I will never again in all my life look at a patch of dandelions with scorn. I will only think of the years of happy, smiling boys so in love with me and so eager to bring a smile to my face.

Thank you Lord, for this season of life when I have a window sill full of weed-laden mini-vases, and so many dirty little hands and smiling little faces to wash each spring evening.


My cup runneth over.

2 comments:

mary grace said...

I love your prayer!

Raising Olives said...

Well said. I also love my weed bouquets and this year finally bought enough glassware so that all the children can fill up as many vases as their heart desires.

Blessings,
Kimberly