Monday, May 4, 2009

My Day

Today I (in no particular order):
  • baked a quadruple batch of banana bread muffins
  • froze about two dozen muffins and almost that many mini-muffins for suture snacking
  • washed and dried 6 loads of laundry
  • folded four of the aforementioned laundry loads
  • got math, language and reading done for Punky and Finny
  • learned a bit about Roman gladiators with Punky and Finny
  • fed 6 people 3 full meals
  • made a quick solo run to the library to pick up holds (Hubby was home with nappers)
  • showered (not always as easy to get done as it sounds!)
  • was woken at 4:30am by a cranky, tired little girl who refused to go back to sleep
  • changed 4 poopy diapers
  • bathed two of four children
  • kissed no less than four owies better
  • found time to cuddle with my Man
  • read a bit of the Bible (not as much as I wanted to - But Girly Pie was busy trying to sit on said Bible, so I gave up)
  • emptied the dishwasher
  • oversaw morning chores
  • washed the kids' bathroom counter and toilet
  • got all four kids dressed! (though boys 1 & 2 do that on their own now...)
  • tidied the kitchen and family rooms
  • put away the Littles' clean clothes (also something that often sits around waiting to be done)
  • read books to all four of my children
  • enjoyed a few conversations with Mary Grace over the phone
  • stripped and washed our sheets
  • put the sheets back on our bed (hours before bedtime even! I think that's a record for me...)
  • remembered to take the dog out to potty
  • marveled as my baby girl mastered walking all over the downstairs, even crossing the entire kitchen and dining area without falling once
  • snuggled and tickled Goose because he's so edibly adorable and chunky!
  • found time for snuggles and some one on one time with each of my four kids at different points in the day
  • got about 5 OT activities done with Finny
  • played Jacks for the first time with my boys
  • helped Finny finish his pop-up birthday card for Girly Pie
  • played a couple of levels of Super Mario Bros 3 (the one from 15 +/- years ago!) with my Man and the big boys during their short Daddy hang out time this afternoon
  • managed to stay awake despite the 5 hour night sleep I had - and never really even felt tired (once I was up and moving, that is...)
  • carried Girly Pie around for the vast majority of her waking hours
  • wiped several runny noses repeatedly
  • encouraged discouraged boys
  • rescued a damsel in distress on multiple occasions (every time she climbs on anything - which is always - she gets stuck there!)
  • taught Girly Pie two new hand signs

Tonight between now and bed I hope to:

  • fold the last two loads of laundry in the house
  • do a final tidy on the whole downstairs
  • stuff the pinata for Girly Pie's birthday party
  • watch the rest of our Creation vs. Evolution DVD from Answers in Genesis with my Man
  • be in bed and lights out by 10:30 (if I'm lucky...)

So there you go. And here I thought I wouldn't get anything done with Girly Pie's very sad, very nap-challenged, very teething and cranky day. It's amazing how accomplished you feel just by looking at what you do each day on paper. And I know there are a zillion other little things I did today that didn't even register in my mind when I sat down to write the day out here. It does feel good to feel like I actually did something today!

4 comments:

Mom Of E's said...

Ummm....did you ever sit down?? I didn't know it was possible to get that much done in one day! :-) You are my hero! But, seriously, how did you get all that done? I have half as many kids, and I am happy if I get school, meals, and one other small housework thing done. :-) I think I need some lessons in home management or something!

Anne

mary grace said...

And today, you get to do it all over again! God is good!

The Brutsman Family said...

Wow! You're days are busy and you get so much accomplished.

Sara said...

I love days like those! I always hope that those productive days trickle down through the other not-so-productive days and make up the difference-especially where school is concerned, yes?
Congrats on a great day!