Thursday, October 22, 2009

Profiles of Jelly Bean

It feels weird always calling the baby just plain Baby. So since I've thought of this little cutie pie as Jelly Bean for so long, I figured I'd just call him or her that here, at least until I have a real life nick name I'm using and can start writing about.

So... here are the ultrasound pics of my little Jelly Bean. The ultrasound was very fun, and we did manage to get out without glimpsing any revealing poses that might give away the big surprise. There was a lot of kicking, quite a bit of thumb (or finger?) sucking, and even an on screen eye blink, which was pretty neat to see.

Isn't that a cute profile? Look at that sweet nose.

Jelly Bean is sucking away on that finger or thumb here.

Look at those lips!
At 24 1/2 weeks, I was amazed at how much chub we could already see on the little guy! The tech said Jelly Beab already weighs a pound and a half according to their measurements. That just seems so much heavier than I'd expect this soon!


Just love those profile shots. Plus none of the front view shots turned out very well. But it was cute to see his or her face on screen. Lots of little expressions already!

So there you go. Our baby's big photo debut on blogger! I think he or she is pretty cute already. And it made me even more excited to hold him or her in my arms in a few months!
And just as a side note, I had a fantastic time going out with just my husband to watch the ultrasound and then to enjoy lunch alone together at a little cafe. It was like a real date, and it was lovely. I think we might need to sneak a few more of those in if we can in the next few months!



1 comment:

Melody said...

So sweet! I just love the "20 week" ultrasound! What great profile pics!