Friday, October 3, 2008

Girly Pie and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

(Big sigh)

I forgot how hard a day can be when one of your babies is really, really sad.

Sure I've had plenty of tantrum-throwing-defiance-filled days with my Darling Goose lately. Part and parcel of life with a two year old. But that's kinda sorta his own thing, you know? I feel bad for the kid, but that's his job - to test the limits and see what happens.

But my poor, poor little Girly Pie has had just a horrible day today. She's normally just happy to be along for the ride. If she's hungry, I nurse her, and she's happy. If she's tired, I snuggle up with her and nurse her to sleep, and she's happy. If she's a little grumpy, I carry her around in the Moby wrap, and she's happy. If she's feeling too confined, I let her roll around on the floor, and she's happy. Do you see the repeating theme here?

HAPPY. Girly Pie is normally very HAPPY.

But today? No. My Girly Pie is not happy today. My Girly Pie is just plain old sad.

She hasn't wanted to nurse, she hasn't wanted to play, she even cries when I carry her in the wrap. Every time I get her down for a nap, she wakes up crying again within 10 minutes. It's just not like her. And I feel so bad for her!

Two of my three boys had teeth by 5 months, so I'm suspecting that is playing a part in this. Her first teeth are likely working their way up today in a way she understandably is not tolerating too well. But still. I just want my sweet baby girl to be happy and feel better.

So today I am praying for peace and rest for my sweet Girly Pie. It is just so hard to see someone so innocent and helpless feel so bad.

I finally found some Tylenol and gave her her first does of drugs in her sweet little life. And she is taking her first real nap of the day.



So, thank you Lord for acetaminophen.

2 comments:

Mom Of E's said...

Benny -

Prayers for Girly Pie to have a better day tomorrow.

Prayers for you for a restful night sleep in case tomorrow isn't any better.

Anne

Melody said...

Poor baby! Teething is so rough....and once it starts it seems likes it's constant for a whole year.

My 1 year old is getting her molars....yuck! Those ones seem to be the roughest and take the longest. She's been working on one for the last 2 weeks, and it's still not through : ( And when that one finally breaks through the surface, it will be on to the next one.

Hope your sweet little one is feeling better today : )