Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rainy days


So, am I a bad mom for staying home today with Goose and Girly Pie while my Man takes Finny and Punky to town for their soccer games? Their games are at 9:30am and 1:15pm. And we live about a 25 minute drive from the fields. So that means we have to stay in town for the vast majority of the day for soccer. EVERY SATURDAY.


And it's raining. And Goose and Girly Pie need naps. And that's just a long time to hang out in town with 4 kids, half of whom are tired and cranky and needing naps. In the rain.


Did I mention it's raining? I think I must just be a bad mom. Well, no. I'm a good mom. But a bad soccer mom.


I do feel bad. I mean, I love watching my boys play and cheering them on. I really like to be there.


But... It's raining...

1 comment:

Mom Of E's said...

In my book, you're not a bad mom at all! In my house, if my 20 month old misses a nap we are all in so. much. trouble.

It takes us about 30 minutes to get to town, so there are times when it is necessary for all of us to go to town and stay for an extended period of time. Not really an enjoyable time, but with gas prices the way they are, we don't have another choice.

My hubby and I trade off weeks of taking Elle to her activities. That way we both get to see her, and she sees us both supporting her. That would probably be a lot more difficult for you guys since Girly Pie is breastfeeding.

No advice, but I feel your pain@