Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Finny's Birthday

Just a quick update for anyone who was following my birthday letter and wondering how Finny’s birthday went and how he is doing:

He had a wonderful birthday which was truly an answer to my prayers. He was happy all morning, thrilled to open his gifts (all Swiss Family Robinson themed) and super-dee-duper excited to dig into his specifically requested and artfully decorated Batman cake (thank you Jo for all your help with that!). We then had most of Mary Grace’s family over for lunch and cake by Finny’s special request and he happily played with the other kids, which is not always the case.

After the midday gathering, we packed up and headed out to an evening spent with all four of his grandparents which was also his particular birthday wish. He was gifted with new outfits for his special bear (He named his bear Toothpaste. What a funny kid!) at Build a Bear (if you have them near you then you know how addicting they can be to kids… If you don’t than I probably sound crazy) and then enjoyed a lovely dinner out to his favorite restaurant to eat his favorite dinner and receive a loud birthday song from the wait staff as they handed him a very exciting birthday sundae.

The grandparents were happy to be there. Finny was excited to see them all. The brothers and Girly Pie were super cooperative and accommodating to him on his special day, and I don’t think he had one single major meltdown.

So there is a quick glimpse at our Finny’s fifth birthday. Thank you for your prayers in our direction. They are so very much appreciated.

Oh, and one cute side note… Finny has been eager to try many new foods since his birthday. He keeps saying, “Well, I’ll TRY it. I didn’t like it when I was four. But maybe now that I’m five I will like it.”

How cute is that? ;o)

3 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

One small person I knew promised to eat broccoli (and a couple of things) "when I am four" until they were counting down days and someone mentioned it.

There was a thoughtful pause and then the comment, "Four is not that much different to three, I might have to wait until I'm......" more thinking and then finally, "Oh about eleven!"

Glad the birthday went well.

EllaJac said...

SO glad to hear that things went so well! What a blessing!!!

Lori said...

I was so moved by your previous post and I'm thrilled you guys had a great day!