Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a day

Girly Pie is a crawling, pulling up wild thing! It is so unbelievably cute and fun. I forgot how CUTE this stage and age are! I could eat that girl alive right now.

Goose sings songs with the cutest little toddler voice and grammatically incorrect toddler-isms. I love that! And he can't give Girly Pie enough kisses, which is super sweet, too.

Finny has had a great attitude with his occupational therapy exercises this week and has been very much "himself" more often than not. He's even doing his morning chores with a smile and is remembering them with very little prodding from me. That's a small miracle in and of itself.

Punky is just a shining star and so cute and funny at a month shy of seven. I can't believe what an amazing young man I see unfolding in him already. Wow. It just boggles the mind how quickly you see your baby becomes a young man with such maturity and wisdom (relatively speaking, of course).

My husband is the sweetest guy on earth and even stopped to pick up my library holds without my even mentioning it, just because. I guess he knows that when left to my own devices, I never leave the house and my holds go stale and get pulled before I venture the 3 miles to the library.

God is good. I watched a blessing pour down today onto a friend who blesses others continually and never asks anything in return... and I was in awe at how our God works to help His children.

My best friend and her kiddos were able to stay for a short visit today, which is a luxury I feel I do not get to enjoy as often as I would choose, so I relished it today.

AND I won the majority of the rounds of Uno I made my husband play with me tonight before we head up for bed. How cool is that!?

So life is sweet. I am just happy to be in a place where all I can see when I look around me is God's good grace and His love, and the beauty in this life that I have been so blessed to live.

Don't you just love days like that?

2 comments:

Meghann said...

YES! LOVE those days...glad to hear you had one of them :)

Mom Of E's said...

Days like those are what makes me excited to get up in the morning. Each day is a chance for one of those wonderful days, (although many times it is out of your hands) and the excitement of waking up and finding out what kind of day it is going to be is one of my greatest joys. I glad everything came together on this day so you could have a beautiful day.

Anne