Saturday, June 13, 2009

Tick, tock.

My birthday is a week from Monday.

I'll be 30.

Crazy.

I never thought I'd ever be anything but twenty-something. And I know that I'll feel exactly the same way when I wake up on the morning of my 30th birthday as I did the night before.

But still. It just seems weird.

I just had to post that. Not sure why. I'm not exactly worried, and I'm not really feeling "old." I guess it's just one more reminder that nothing ever stays the same. And since I've never really looked beyond this time of life, when I am young and can do pretty much anything with ease and am having babies and raising my young children... well entering into a new decade is just a strange reminder that someday these days will be gone. And my life will be really different.

Not just new-baby-different, or new-school-year-different, or new-schedule-different... but really, REALLY different. Like no-one-living-at-home-to-make-a-mess-different. And only-seeing-my-kids-on-holidays-and-family-gatherings-different. Like I'm-the-Grandma-and-not-the-Mommy-different.

But the whole name of this blog - Psalm 118:24 - defies this thinking. TODAY is the day the Lord has made. And for me, regardless of if I'm still in my twenties or if I'm fifty something, He has something in TODAY for me to do and to learn and to receive and to give.

So yes, my birthday is just days away. And a new decade will be starting. And I know very little about what that decade will look like for me.

But today I'm still 29. ;o) And I am still blessed to be a daughter of the King. My husband still loves me and my children are still a blessing to me all day every day.

So I'll worry about that whole "30" thing tomorrow, I guess. ;o)

2 comments:

Too Many Kids In The Bathtub said...

i just turned 29 in april. makes you see how time goes on and we need to purpose the lord's will in our lives!!!

mary grace said...

30 was pretty good, actually. I'll let you know how 35 is when I get there. :-)