Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update on Goose

So with a fever that keeps hitting 104 +/- whenever the ibuprofen wears off, plus the nasty looking white patches on each of little Goose's tonsils... I thought it best to bring the little man into the walk-in clinic at our local doctor's office (the regular docs didn't have any openings today)...

And he has strep throat. It's the first time anyone in our family has ever, ever had it. Neither my husband or I had ever even had it as kids.

But I am thankful to God for a kind on-call doctor who was more than happy to prescribe a full Z-pack for my boy without even putting him through the pain of the throat swab... I guess when you look into an almost-three-year-old's throat and see nasty white patches on his tonsils and measure 104.1 degree fever in the doc's office, you just get the poor kid on some drugs as quickly as possible.

On the bright side though, he has been an absolute angel. He's been cheerful and mellow, watching lots of movies but happy to play, too. He's not complained or fussed about anything. In fact, I'd almost go so far as to say he's been more pleasant during his illness than he has been as a general rule these past few weeks. ;o) So at least he's not acting miserable or clearly knocked out or feeling horrible. I'm so glad he's been so good through it all. I'd be so sad if he were clearly miserable.

So that's the scoop. He already got his first dose of zythromax this evening and will be noncontagious by tomorrow evening. So here's praying it stays with him and doesn't spread around to all the rest of the house. Strep can be a nasty, nasty bug if it festers too long... ain't that right, Mary Grace? ;o)

1 comment:

Mom Of E's said...

Poor Goose! Strep throat is not fun at all, but he sounds like he's handled it like a champ. I hope he is well on his way back to health!

Anne