Sunday, September 28, 2008

You know your kid is homeschooled when...

...you take your son out to the front yard to star gaze for a while. Then your husband points out a particularly brilliant "star" and suggests that it may actually be a planet.

Then your six year old says, "Or maybe it's a new star. Or a nebula."


Then you all laugh a bit at his knowing such an impressive word and using it properly in context. Of course when asked if he really knows what a nebula is, he proceeds to explain it to you, and you learn something that you didn't know five minutes prior. And it occurs to you that this homeschooling thing really is easier than it looks.

They (apparently) just teach themselves at some point.

4 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

Hello Benny. I am so glad that you have recognized that what God requires of me, He does not require of you in this season of your life. I sometimes think that women may read my blog and become discouraged because they are not doing what I am doing.

It was refreshing to hear you say that with toddlers at home you would not have the time to do such extensive cleaning (without forsaking your role as mother).

Your children are at an age where they are heavily dependant upon you to just be available for them.

My children are ages 14, 8, 6, and 4. They have a part in my scheduling which allows us to work side by side as a family towards being good stewards of our home.

As your children grow they will learn from you how to help you care for your home as well. I am so glad that you stopped by today.

Have a blessed day.

mary grace said...

Welcome to the season of the questions that make your head hurt, my friend!

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for this story. I was there. I love you Honey! your loving husband ---

The Proverbs Wife said...

Benny~I hope that you are having a blessed and prosperous day.